If you are coming to the USA, bring your food with you. We North Americans love food. How fortunate that people from all over the world have settled in this country and shared their cuisine. We are like a huge multi-cultural smorgasbord. Surveys show that Italian food is more popular than any other ethnic food in the U.S. Mexican and Chinese are second and third.
How Authentic is Casa Foods?
Ethnic foods are influenced by the surrounding cultures. Over time, many ethnic foods become Americanized. That is particularly true of Italian foods. Spaghetti, tomato sauce and ground beef meatballs are offered as Italian cuisine. We usually put a little cheese on it but in the U.S. we put cheese on everything.
Authentic Italian cuisine uses a smattering of specific ingredients.
- Authentic Italian foods include homemade pasta from quality semolina and double 00 flour.
- Arborio rices that makes its own creamy sauce for risottos.
- Cannellini beans for hearty soups, stews, salads
- Olives-Artichokes- Pine nuts for flavoring everything from sauces to salads to cookies
- Capers-Garlic-Fresh Basil for all pastas, stews., and salads.
- Tomatoes fresh picked and ripe.
- Mozzarella Cheese, soft melty and traditionally made from the milk of water buffalo.
- Parmesan Cheese, a hard cheese. usually grated.
- Extra Virgin Olive and dark traditional balsamic vinegar.
- Marsala and dry red and white wines add depth to sauces
- Oregano, sage, thyme for flavor and aroma’
- Red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Fresh deli meats like Prosciuttos, salamis, Mortadella.,
Casa Foods stocks most of these foods that are prepared fresh from traditional family recipes from Italy. We distribute them to the finest Italian restaurants and delicatessen along the North East coast of the United States. Our long time customers give us rave reviews because their patrons love the food being served to them.
Authentic Award Winning Foods Distributed by Casa Foods
Creminelli meats and their Milano brand began near Milano, Italy in the 1800’s. The craft has been handed down through the generations but the family philosophy has never changed. Their animals are antibiotic and GMO free, raised in open living conditions. Customers today are more conscious about the foods they eat. Casa Foods can supply you with old world meats you can proudly serve your discriminating clientele.
At Casa foods we are traditionalists. We supply LaRosa Pasta, a brand founded by Vincenzo LaRosa in 1914 to meet the demand for pasta after World War 1. A smart Sicilian immigrant butcher turned pasta maker, LaRosa was an innovator in the packaged foods industry.
We are the distributor for Lioni Latticini in the Boston Area. Their Mozzarella made with dairy cow milk is renowned across the country as the very finest. However, we also import the more authentic Mozzarella di Bufala made in Italy from water buffalo milk.
These authentic Italian foods are ready to be loaded on our refrigerated trucks and delivered to your establishment. We can even do same day delivery in an emergency. Introduce your clientele to the real taste of Italy the way it was meant to be enjoyed.
Call Casa Foods at 978-777-1619 for more information about our authentic products and prices.