At CasaFoods we provide some of the best restaurant in New England with authentic Italian foods. One of our popular cheeses is from Lioni Latticini the Mozzarella di Bufala
This traditional Italian specialty from the region of Naples, Italy, is a delicacy found in upscale restaurants and gourmet retailers.
Mozzarella di Bufala’s unique flavor complements many foods. Because of its distinct taste, it is best enjoyed on its own.
Porcelain white in color, with a subtle tart tanginess, this romantic cheese is made from 100% premium water bufala milk. Enjoyed for its supremely rustic taste, this imported delicacy is surrounded by an extremely thin rind which reveals a rich taste.
Mozzarella di Bufala is imported within 48 hours of its production in Italy. It is highly perishable and is best enjoyed fresh.
If you would like to learn more about Lioni Mozzarella di Bufala call us at 978-777-1619
Imported Mozzarella di Bufala Campana D.O.P. Provenienza Paestum (Salerno)
Looking for a new idea to impress customers? Here is a featured recipe from Lioni Latticini,
Mozzarella di Bufala with Prosciutto & Figs
Delight in a simply delicious dish of Italian imported mozzarella di bufala served with thinly sliced prosciutto & fresh figs!
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 ripe black or green figs
- 5 oz. (6 balls) Lioni Mozzarella di Bufala, well drained
- 12 thin prosciutto slices
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- breadsticks or rustic Italian bread
- Prepare dressing: Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Trim fig stems; cut each fig lengthwise in half. Cut mozzarella into ½-inch-thick slices.
- On serving platter, arrange mozzarella, prosciutto slices and figs. Drizzle with dressing. Garnish with rosemary sprigs. Serve with breadsticks or rustic Italian bread.
Makes 6 appetizer servings.